Thursday, January 30, 2014

Another Happy Customer

We recently received this review of our Custom Molded Earplugs from a very happy customer we fit at the Progressive International Motorcycle Show.  He wrote the review on 600.net and was nice enough to leave it on our Facebook Page.  Thank you Douglas we hope your new custom earplugs serve you well for years.



From 600.net




First off, there are plenty of reasons why every rider should be wearing earplugs. I cannot stress the importance of this enough.

Second, I just wanted to let everyone know that if you go the Progressive International Motorcycle Show, there's a PA-based company with a booth there called Insta-Mold who will do custom, reuseable earplugs for you on-the-spot.

I had mine done there, and I absolutely love them. I've been using disposables for awhile, but really hated dealing with the hassle of them needing to be replaced and not being able to keep proper form or go in the proper depth. These are much more comfortable, much more reliable, and although they're rated at the same dB protection as disposables (27.1-29), they fill in the entire inner ear and therefore seem to block noise out a lot more effectively. They're also really easy to clean and take care of.

The entire process took about ten minutes to form, then I was asked to come back in 30 minutes to allow them to harden and dry - no problem, since I wanted to continue exploring the show. You can use one pair for years, but they recommend replacing them every four years to get the best fit. Cost was $60 per pair, and they had different colors and even let you mix two or three together  I got green to match my Kawasaki Ninja! 

Quick tip for anyone who decides to do this: When they're injecting the mold, you might feel like wanting to open your mouth to relieve pressure - this is fine, but make sure that once it's in and you're told to let it form, you have your jaw shut the same way it'll be when you're wearing a helmet and riding. This affects the smaller details in the proportions of the earplug more than one would think, and it's important you get the perfect fit both for maximum comfort as well as effectiveness.

The best part about this was that I met and spoke to the company's president (Richard), who was extremely friendly and fun to talk to. I have a birth defect and was only born with one ear. Because of this, I've always joked with my friends that "my hearing might not be as good as theirs, but at least I save money on ear plugs"... So naturally, I had to ask him if he'd give me a half-off discount, and surprisingly, he was more than willing!  I meant it as a joke, but he was such a great sport about it and that really made my day.

The plug(s) even come with a nifty little case for them, to keep them from being smashed or getting dirty. There's a small hole in the corner to allow you to put it on a keychain or necklace, or attach it to a bag, etc.

I can't recommend this product or this company strongly enough. The plugs made a very noticeable difference while riding, and they're comfortable enough that I'll even use them while blasting music at home. Hope this review is helpful for everyone - Ride safe and wear earplugs!

This image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image.
Report this image

(See? It matches!)

Report this image
Attached Thumbnails

2 comments:

  1. I use silicone molded earplugs for many purpose
    Custom Ear Plugs

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is a great sharing me...I am very much pleased with the contents you have mentioned. I wanted to thank you for this great article. I enjoyed every little bit part of it. Web Design Baulkham Hills

    ReplyDelete